For intense pain, the press can be left on the skin until the hot sensation is gone.
This can also be applied to children but of minimal quantity and duration. To make the ginger press, follow the steps below:
What you need:
1. Prepare few pieces of ginger roots, at least four cloves of garlic and two tablespoons of salt.
2. Prepare a heavy-duty mortar and pestle. The kind used on the photo is made up of stainless steel which is more recommended in preparing herbal medications.
3. Pound the ginger until it is well crushed. Then peel the garlic.
4. Add the garlic and salt to the crushed ginger. Start pounding again until the three ingredients blend well altogether.
5. Prepare a clean sheet of plastic film. Scoop the ginger mix to the clean plastic film.
6. On the affected area, slowly lay over the crushed ginger.
7. Secure the sides with any plaster. Then wrap with bandage.